Saturday 14 March 2009

Post numero 2: roles...

Gooooood afternoon!

So I'm slowly counting down the days till the big interview! (17 at my count).

I've already started preparing some of the things I need to take, and reviewing and updating the CV. Looking through the roles list again it brings me back to the big question...IF I get accepted what roles would I want to do?! For the program we get the chance to take part in 2 different roles both for 6 months, and the list of roles available stretches to about 17! Decisions decisions..!

Having said that I already know that I DEFINITELY want to do attractions for one period, my preference would be in Magic Kingdom on possibly Pirates or a spieling attraction. Basically somewhere where I can wear an awesome, makes-me-look-silly-but-I-don't-care-I-work-at-Disney costume (no, there's no uniform at Disney folks!)...So also, haunted mansion or tower of terror in Hollywood Studios might be quite fun.

That brings me onto the second 6 months...now I know I should probably do a hospitality role, as I study hospitality, in one of the resorts, buuuuuttttt I mean I could work in a hotel anywhere, and there's only one WDW in the World so why waste this opportunity to work outside, in the florida sun, in the happiest place in the world gaining an experience that really can't be had anywhere else! But that's just me! So basically I would probably choose either custodial or merchandise (could be outside on a pin badge cart!)...we'll see.

I'm thinking of joining wdwip.com (really good website that has everything to do with international programs and what to expect, etc) and putting a post asking if anyone else has an interview on the 30th. Don't know where I was going with that...

Anyway I'm going to get back to uni work now...I'm also looking at buying a video camera (again IF I get accepted) to do some filming out there, I think would be quite fun. Also getting inspiration from John Henselmeier's awesome vlog! Check it ouuuuttttt here...
http://www.youtube.com/johnwdwcp?gl=GB&hl=en=GB Thankyou for keeping me thoroughly entertained!

Until next time
Nick
x

No comments:

Post a Comment