Friday 6 March 2009

1st Post! Exciting...?!hmmm

Hey buddy!

Welcome to my first blog post...you're just in time! I say that when I have been meaning to start this agggeeess ago, when I first sent my application off to Yummy Jobs. Anyway...

Well straight to the point...my name is Nick Miles, as I'm sure you have worked out by now ("haha"). I study International Hospitality Management at Oxford Brookes. We have a years worth of 'industry placement' next year as part of the course and I instantly knew it had to be at Walt Disney World! I've decided to start this blog as a way of charting my progress through the application and also hopefully as a way to tell family and friends what I get up to when I'm out in Florida! (I may also just add random posts about anything!)

So so far...I applied for the 12 month J-1 Academic Program through Yummy Jobs way back in November...after that I didn't hear anything for a while (apart from a nice 'thankyou for applying' email) until the end of January. They then sent a load of info about different roles and prices, etc which was devoured fairly quickly by me and then I was left hanging on, drooling, waiting for the next nugget of information or...interview dates.ooooh! (I forgot to mention that they visited my uni in november which is why I applied online then).

Another month passes and then, there it is, nicely snuggled between two unimportant emails. I began to focus on the one thing that truly mattered...an email from Jason at Yummy Jobs. Open up the email and, happy days, an invitation from Disney to attend a presentation and interview on 30th March!

So there you go, that's my position at the moment. I don't know how regularly this will be updated but I hope to maybe cross into the wide world of interesting blogs, or possibly vlogs, at some point.

Well that's your reading time up; now go outside and play, it's a lovely day!

Nick
x


No comments:

Post a Comment