Thursday 6 August 2009

Day 60...293 days left!

Not that I'm counting down the days or anything but I have no idea where those 60 days went! It seems to have gone so quickly! It's now the 5th August and we have people who are on the summer program, who we seemed to have only just met, completing their 8 weeks and are now on their way back home; to Mexico, South Korea, China...all over the World!

In other news I got my haircut! I went to Wal-mart and ended up with a very friendly Mexican lady cutting my hair. Firstly she seemed to enjoy 'punking up' my hair a bit too much (spraying with water and creating a huge Mohican) but then she soon got down to business
snipping off clumps of hair willy-nilly resulting in probably the fastest haircut I've ever
had! I felt I just had to tip her a dollar for her nifty fingerwork. Good job.


A few of us also went to the Boardwalk which is probably one of my favourite places on Disney property. It's so peaceful and relaxed, completely different to the rest of the area, full of nice shops and restaurants around a small lake with even a man-made beach. It's really well themed around '20s/30s New England (...I think!):








I signed up for my next class to take during the fall semester the other day which is Exploring Marketing around Walt Disney World. Oh and also just found out that if you step outside our apartment, go down the first flight of stairs, stand at an angle and kind of lean over the side you can see (some of) the Wishes fireworks at Magic Kingdom at 10 o'clock! Haha beat the queues!

Finally we went to eat at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge last night. It is a buffet featuring 'the flavours of Africa' and is actually really nice. I stupidly ignored everyone's advice to eat slowly and got quite full after only two plates, but soldiered on and managed through to dessert! Yay! They have really tasty small cakes called Zebra Domes which are filed with cream...Goo-ood! After we went and sat outside around the fire (yes, they have a campfire outside!) and, although it was too dark to see most of the animals, we could still see the flamingoes which live in their enclosure by the pool!

So there you go, 60 days gone in a flash!

Love y'all
Nick 'is very tired, finishing this after work, and now nostalgic looking back at 60 days of American life!'
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. I want to go to Boma! can't wait to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete