Saturday 29 August 2009

Bo(red)walk











Hello, you look nice today, have you had a haircut? It looks good short.

Sooooo I've been deployed to the Boardwalk the last couple of weeks and today is my last day there! Oh my!

I have been working in a couple of locations along there: On The Boardwalk (the red waistcoat costume) and ESPN Club. On The Boardwalk is a large shop with different sections, including a really nice watch selection, but all of them are REALLY SLOOOOWWW! I've worked a few day shifts, starting early, and during the day literally no one comes in.

I also worked at ESPN Club which is the shop attached to the ESPN restaurant.......Yeah Sports! It's basically an arcade. Which is quite cool as we get a small card giving us free plays. Now I know what you're thinking, 'Nick, I bet you just spent all day playing arcade games instead of working didn't you?' And you would be right. Hey there's not much else to do there!
The funniest thing about working here was when REAL Americans came in and were asking if we had a hat for the Cincinnati Reds or some tiny college football team or some other random baseball or silly American sport that no-one else plays and I would say I'm English, I have no idea. haha sometimes anyway.

AnYwAy tomorrow I'm starting at Disneys Contemporary Resort (as shown below, not my picture). It's the one with the monorail running through it...great, won't get annoyed with the sound of that every 5 minutes. Should be fun though as one shop there has a really nice view over the lake.


So there you go! If you're passing by the Contemporary anytime soon, pop in and say hello.

Nic(holas) xx

1 comment:

  1. 'great, won't get annoyed with the sound of that every 5 minutes' hehe, something tells me your fuse is getting shorter!

    The Contemporary Resort looks suspiciously 70s...

    xx

    ReplyDelete